In this post we’ll recap the most interesting InfluxDB related content you may have missed in the last week or so.
Announcements, Blogs, Videos and How-Tos
- InfluxDB tops Apache Cassandra in Write Performance by Up to 4.5x!
- Announcing InfluxDB Enterprise Beta: Clustering, Monitoring & Data Exploration for InfluxDB
- How to use Symfony and InfluxDB to Monitor a PHP Application
- Updated “InfluxDB Performance Tuning” Virtual Training Playback
- InfluxDB Tech Tips – July 7, 2016
- Video: Anomaly Detection with InfluxDB Kapacitor
- En Busca Del Dashboard Perfecto Con InfluxDB & Telegraf
- Building High Performance Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems with Suricata & InfluxDB
- InfluxDB Tech Tips – June 30, 2016
- Microservices with Go Micro, NATS, Telegraf & InfluxDB
- 2-Day InfluxDB Training in SF – Aug 18-19
- FREE Virtual Training Playback Archive
InfluxDB Clusters on Your Infrastructure
We are pleased to announce the InfluxDB Enterprise Beta is now available! If you have been waiting for InfluxDB clustering to run on your infrastructure with the ability to rebalance nodes, plus a slick UI to deploy, manage and monitor the deployment, InfluxDB Enterprise is for you.
NTT Communications ICT Australia is a managed service and colocation provider based in Sydney, Australia. They use influxDB to collect metric data throughout their multi-tenant data centers to maintain visibility across diverse hardware and software deployments. In particular they have used InfluxDB to collect metrics regarding config management deployments, ElasticSearch clusters, basic Linux based OS metrics and source control activities. They also use the metrics for capacity planning and monitoring application queue depths.
NTT Communications is a subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, the largest telecommunications company in Japan and one of the largest worldwide.
HealthQ is currently involved in developing a suite of products for LifeQ. LifeQ uses computational systems biology and continuous body monitoring to create an on-demand record of one’s personal physiology and health. This enables specialists and organizations to help humans better understand and manage their health over time. HealthQ needed a datastore that was optimized for time -series data, schema-less and fault tolerant. They have been using InfluxDB for the past year and it has enabled them to be very agile in their development approach.
HealthQ Technologies is a high-tech startup company combining skills from various disciplines to provide solutions in the digital health and wellness space.
Essential Technologies’ Sensors Connect platform delivers an air quality index collecting ecosystem. Although still in beta, their first customers have already deployed custom portals using LoRa and LoRaWAN to send measurements from nodes over to gateways and network servers. InfluxDB is used to store persistent data for a predefined period of time.
SensorsConnect.com believes that all of us should be responsible for maintaining air quality. That’s why they’ve introduced SensInAir, a solar powered air quality index sensor. You can install it in your backyard or on your balcony and the SensInAir will report results using LoRaWan technology to a centralized server. The information is then consolidated per individual with city wide results available in an easily digestible formats.
Claim your InfluxDB Hoodie
Does your company have an application or product that uses InfluxDB in production? We’d love to feature it on influxdata.com and give you a shout out on social media. As a “thank you” gift, we’ll send you an InfluxDB hoodie and a pack of stickers. Just fill out this simple form and we’ll let you know when your entry is live and the hoodie is in the mail. Drop us a line at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for the support!
- July 14: Time-Series for Monitoring, Metrics, Real-Time Analytics and IoT/Sensor Data
- July 21: Why Build a Time-Series Based Metrics and Monitoring Solution When You Already Have NewRelic, AppDynamics and Splunk?
- August 18-19: Two-Day Hands-On InfluxDB Training in SF – Aug 18-19
Are you the organizer of a Go, Big Data, DevOps or IoT Meetup? We’d be happy to come out and support your event with a talk, workshop and food & drink sponsorship! Drop us a line to get a conversation started: [email protected].